Christmas in July
Be a part of Christmas in July on Canal Street in New Smyrna Beach!
Date: July 7th, 2018
Time: 10am - 5pm
- Art Stroll
- Sidewalk Sale
- Live Music
- Craft Beer Walk
- Scavenger Hunt
- Bed Races
Christmas Has Come to Canal Street!
The Canal Street Historic District Association invites you to be a part of our 1st Saturday Art Stroll and Christmas In July events on Saturday, July 7th from 10-5pm. This has been a very successful event for many years.
Your artistic media will make wonderful gifts now or Christmas for those thinking ahead. Be sure to pass along the invitation to participate to other artist friends.
Christmas In July event on Canal Street 10-7pm. Activities and music all along Canal Street throughout the day! Come join us for some Christmas spirit in July and have some fun! See specific activities listed below.
***Please respond by June 21st to be included on the artist promotional flyer and to guarantee your participation Please mail $20. fee in by July 1st to CSHD P.O. Box 641 New Smyrna Beach, FL 32170.
Christmas In July activities:
- 1st Saturday Art Stroll 10-4
- Musicians 11-1pm plus musicians at businesses after 2pm. Bed
- Races 1pm
- Visit from Santa and Uncle Sam
- Gallery/Business Scavenger Hunt 4pm
- Gallery Walk 4-7pm
Check out our online website with more information and the 1st Saturday Art Stroll application at www.canalstreetnsb.com. Email Lola Duckworth at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 386-690-8666 for further information or questions.
We look forward to seeing all of our crafter friends on Saturday, July 7th on Canal Street. Pass the word on to your artist friends.
Come be a part of what's happening on Canal Street!
Crafts Booth Application
Participants: Businesses, families, churches, clubs, etc. are welcome. All ages may participate but, since the race is a very fast paced, it is recommended that any pre-teen aged children be accompanied by a parent who participates in the race on the same team. You need to wear good running shoes. Please no flip-flops, sandals or bare feet.
Rules of the race
Each team must have 5 people to a team (4 runners and 1 rider). This will be a single elimination running relay. The starting line will be on Canal St. at the intersection of Magnolia St. The race will be two 1/2 blocks - down to almost Orange St. Heats will consist of 2 beds at a time. The beds will leave the starting line with 4 pushers and 1 rider wearing their race T-shirts. All members of the team must be in contact with the bed at all times, excepts the T-shirt exchange is made and during the "drill".
- This will be an "Elimination Race". Two beds will race at once. Winners of the race will race the winners of another race, etc. The last winner of the final race will receive the trophy.
- All teams will need to display their name on the bed so that it may be visible to the audience. This is a great opportunity to advertise with your banner.
- Participants are encouraged to decorate themselves and/or the bed in a Christmas Theme. The use of distraction devices such as water guns, horns, water balloons, megaphones, whistles etc. are approved and recommended to use, except for the bed that “SANTA” is in! All such devices must be used in a respectful manner and not to harm or degrade contestants and/or the audience.
- The judge’s decision is final.
- NOTE: Your safety is very important to us. Please wear good running shoes. Accidents may occur such as
falling down on pavement, scrapes, bruises, tripping, collisions, etc. Safety gear to avoid such hazards is
• The frame of the bed racer does not need be of an original bed, but it must mimic a real bed in appearance
by having a headboard and footboard.
• Beds are to have a minimum of four wheels, so situated to make the bed stable and safe. Wheels of any
size may be used.
• You may have swivels, steering, or permanently fixed wheels. Hint: fixed wheels are more than adequate.
• The bed cannot have any means of propulsion or brakes other than provided by the runners. Human power only. No Motors.
• Beds may not be pulled, only pushed from the sides and/or back.
• The bed may have push bars, though may not exceed the overall width of the bed.
• The mattress and/or box spring must be a manufactured adult sized bed, i.e., twin, double, queen or king.
The minimum manress/box spring dimensions must be no smaller than 35”x71”. This will be strictly
enforced. No youth beds, cribs, coffins, bed of roses (lol), or of the like.
• Mattress must be outfitted with one blanket and one pillow. Any violations of the bed construction guidelines will cost a team a 3 second delay at the start, per violation.
• BED RACE COMMITTEE HIGHLY RECOMMENDS YOU BUILD YOUR OWN BED. One of the most fun parts of a bed race is building your own bed and putting it to use.