2018 CSHD BLOCKTOBERFEST
POOCH PARADE REGISTRATION FORM
WHEN? SATURDAY, OCTOBER 6TH, 2018– 9:00 a.m.–NOON
WHERE? CANAL STREET IN NEW SMYRNA BEACH, FL
WHY? FOR FUN AND TO RAISE AWARENESS OF PET ADOPTION AND THE
FOOD PANTRY OF SOPHIE’S CIRCLE.
Sponsored by A&E Pet Boarding and Critter’s Corner Pet Shop
ADMISSION–$10.00 per dog
Note: Gifts of Dog Food may also be dropped off at Sophie’s Circle on Julia Street.
- ASSEMBLY / MANDATORY CHECK-IN: 9:00—10:00 AM
- CANAL STREET at US 1 for CHECK IN!!!
- JUDGING CATEGORIES OF DOGS–9:45–10:15 AM
- PARADE BEGINS AT 10:30. PRIZE AWARDS AT 11:45!
WHAT TO KNOW: REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED THROUGH THE CUTOFF DATE OF OCTOBER 5TH! THE PARADE WILL BEGIN ON CANAL STREET AT ORANGE STREET, PROCEED EAST TO JUST PAST FAULKNER WHERE IT WILL DISBAND. THE PARADE ROUTE IS A TOTAL OF 3 1/2 BLOCKS LONG.
Pooch Parade Terms and Conditions
- Dogs only! No other types of animals will be allowed to enter.
- Registration is limited to 20 entries in each category (25 lbs or less, 26-50 lbs, 51 lbs or more)
- One prize will be awarded for each weight category AND 3 winners for Costumes. Prizes will be awarded AFTER the parade!
- All dogs should be individually registered by October 5th.
- The organizer is not responsible for lost or late entries.
- Dog handlers must be at least 15 years of age and all must check in on the day of the parade.
- Anyone under the age of 15 must have a parent walk with them.
- No more than 1 dog per handler.
- Dogs must be vaccinated for rabies, leptospirosis & distemper and treated for fleas at least 3 weeks before the event.
- No aggressive dogs or female dogs in season should be registered.
- Dogs must be on leashes and under control at all times.
- There are two main categories: Costumed and Au Naturale. Owners may dress in costumes, as well!
- Dogs may not be left unattended at any time.
- Dogs wearing shock collars are NOT permitted.
- The dog’s behavior is the responsibility of the handler and owner.
- Participants’ dogs will be required to leave if the dog shows any signs of aggression or disruptive behavior toward people/ dogs.
- Handlers are required to clean up after their dogs with pet wastebags and dispose of those bags properly in containers.
- Owners are responsible for damage done by their dogs at the event.
- If a dog is stressed or overwhelmed during the parade, handlers should move off to the side and take a break.
- If a dog is nervous in large crowds or uncomfortable with loud noises, please consider leaving him/ her at home.
- Use good judgment in all matters concerning the dogs!
- Judging will be done (in Christmas Park) before the parade begins.
- Judges decisions will be final.
- Prizes will be awarded at the end of the parade on the stage ofChristmas Park.
- The event organizer shall not be liable for any loss or damage or for any injury suffered by an owner, handler, any other participant in the Pooch Parade, pet in the parade, any individual working at the event, or any visitor to the Canal Street event.